MHMD’s Clinical Integration (CI) Program is physician-led, physician-driven and physician-managed. This level of membership assures that the group holds itself accountable to the quality standards it establishes, allowing independent and autonomous physicians to take pride in their performance as a group.
CI physicians commit to uphold standards of quality recognized and established by the physicians themselves. It is based on best practices consistent with scientific evidence and “the right thing to do.” These practices were approved by the MHMD physician board based on:
- Appropriateness and consistency with scientific evidence,
- Feasibility of obtaining and measuring data without disruption of practice, and
- Consistency with expectations of payers, employers and national quality programs.
CI physicians participate jointly in contracts with payers and employers that are based on quality performance and outcomes of the entire group. The MHMD CI Program allows MHMD to negotiate contracts with health plans and employers that return enhanced value to MHMD physicians — both in terms of quality-adjusted fee schedules and pay-for-performance incentives.
Clinically Integrated Value-Added Benefits for Participating Physicians
MHMD physicians participating as a CI member receive the following value-added membership benefits:
- Physician profile page on the Memorial Hermann website Find a Doctor directory featuring specialty, professional headshot, biography and practice location information. This section of the website receives more than 300,000 pageviews each month.
- Online scheduling through this physician profile page is also available for a discounted rate
- Access to the following:
- Payer contracts and Medicare value-based programs
- Dedicated Nurse Health Line at no charge (pediatric/adult)
- Training and education
- Discounted rates offered for the following:
- Preferred Pricing through Group Purchasing Organization
- Partnership with Memorial Hermann Health Plan for discounts on Hybrid Small Group
- Employer medical insurance for practices
- Online reputation management program
- Practice Management Institute courses
- EMR pricing with enhanced support
- Enhanced reimbursement for care management and value-based delivery
- Support for NCQA and MACRA with valued Practice Advisors
- Bonus eligible incentive payments for primary care and pediatric providers considering value based, paid for performance contract requirements
- Health management and network clinical support programs for high cost or chronic patients
- Medical Providers Mutual Insurance Co., R.R.G. (Medical Liability Insurance)
- Memorial Hermann Sponsored Healthcare Provider Insurance Program